Thank you www.dogoodermama.wordpress.com for our Liebster nomination. We are so pleased for the opportunity to share more of ourselves and bestow the honor on others.
Liebster Awards go to “up and coming” bloggers with less than 200 followers. The origins of this award are unclear and are simply given by fellow award nominees to blogs that inspire them and that they enjoy reading. “Liebster” means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome in German.
When you receive a Liebster Award, you have to give 11 random facts about yourself, answer 11 questions posed by the nominator, nominate 11 other blogs, and pose 11 questions for your nominees. Here we go…..
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT US
- The last straw that made my parents send me to an all-girls Catholic high school was when I cut school in the 8th grade. Naughty naughty. This makes me fear for my two daughters being teenagers simultaneously. (Mrs. Miss)
- I sometimes can’t help but dance when I’m listening to my iPod even as I walk down the street. (Mrs. Miss)
- I recently lost 30 lbs. (mch9206)
- The final episode of M.A.S.H. totally choked me up (Dad-E)
- “I like reading depressing books. Any books by Dennis Lehane, Wally Lamb and Hubert Selby are right up my alley. I have read She’s Come Undone over 100 times.” (mamakush)
- I remind myself of the elderly zookeeper in “A Sick Day for Amos McGee.” (MOE)
- I switched to decaf when I was pregnant and never back (a lot of people find this so odd). (MOE)
- I took piano lessons for 4 years in middle/high school but I could not play you a single song now. I did not retain it at all. Guess I should have paid more attention. (Moms)
- I keep tweezers in my car. Whenever we get somewhere and my daughter wants to stay in the car to finish listening to song, I will pull out my tweezers and pluck my eyebrows. Weird, I know, but the natural lighting is so much better for seeing all the little hairs. (Moms)
- I once swam from Alcatraz to San Francisco…and lived to tell the tale. (MumsySus)
- I’m scared of cats. Seriously. (MumsySus)
What musical artist are you listening to these days?
The lady who sings on the CD “Toddler Tunes”(mch9206)
Our radio is frequently tuned in to the Playground on Sat and Sun evenings on WERS. Other than that, Peanut is also enjoying
some John Coltraine jazz (and sounds so cute when she tries to say “saxophone.”) (MOE)
If you could be any animal, what would you be? Why?
A turtle because they’re awesome and always have shelter with them. (mch9206)
I would be a dolphin so that I could swim and play in the ocean all day with my family and buddies. (Mrs.Miss)
What do you say when your (or someone else’s) kid asks you why the sky is blue?
The sky is blue because of the light reflecting off of the ocean and bouncing back up into the sky. (Mrs.Miss)
Light from the sun is made of colors and blue shines through when light comes to our sky. (Dad-E)
Cheese, is there anything it can’t do? (Dad-E)
If $$ were no object, where would you travel on your next vacation?
How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled, poached and sunny side up! (mamakush)
Favorite Reality TV Show?
I am obsessed with Survivor. I have watched the show on and off over the years (more on lately) and am totally into this
What was your very first job?
Other than babysitting, raking leaves in the neighborhood, and selling sno-cones out of my font lawn? My first real job was
the summer I started high school. I worked at the dentist office where my mom worked. I filed patient charts and, if I was
lucky, cleaned dental tools. Ooooh yeah. I was living the dream. (Moms)
What book is on your nightstand right now?
Right now I have Solve Your Child’s Sleep Problems by Richard Ferber on my nightstand but I’m too scared to read it. I can’t
take little Rose’s cry and wonder if I’ll ever have the strength for sleep training. I’m waiting for a really terrible night to
inspire me to toughen up and crack the spine of this book. (MumsySus)
What’s your guilty pleasure?
My pleasures don’t include much guilt but perhaps a slightly guilty one is that 2nd glass of Napa Cabernet-Sauvignon…but
some days call for it! (MumsySus)
At what age is your earliest memory?
Probably around age 4 when my brother was born. (MOE)
BLOGS WE NOMINATE!!!
QUESTIONS WE POSE:
- If you could have dinner with three people – alive or dead – who would those three people be and why?
- Who is your favorite Beatle?
- What was your best vacation?
- Who’s your celebrity crush?
- If you were to start your own business, what would it be?
- What was your favorite book from childhood?
- What TV show or movie do you like but wouldn’t want to admit to other people?
- What do you enjoy most about writing?
- What’s the best children’s museum you have ever been to?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- If you were trapped on a desert island what three things would you want and why?